Thank you so, so much Valeria (at Behind That Story) for nominating me!! It’s such an honour and it makes me so happy ❤️ I love this tag so much because there are so many inspiring bloggers out there!! I haven’t been in the book blogging community all that long but everyone has been so amazing and welcoming and I’m really grateful for that.
Info about the post:
What is the Sunshine Blogger award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive, and inspiring, while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.
How does it work?
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
1. What inspired you to start a blog?
Honestly I’m not sure!! I started a while ago but gave up pretty quickly but I decided to pick it back up again now. I guess it’s because I wanted a place where I could gush about books I love and write reviews in a place where it doesn’t disappear in 24 hours. And I’m so glad I did! It’s been an amazing experience.
2. Who are your favourite authors?
So many!!! In no particular order, Mary H.K Choi, Sarah J Maas, Leigh Bardugo, MXTX, C.S. Pacat, Casey McQuiston, Marie Lu, Tahereh Mafi, Cassandra Clare… I’m probs missing a million but there
3. A book that you loved but would not read again. (Because it’s too long, it made you cry, it gave you nightmares, it’s just the type of book that you read once, etc…)
Definitely this one!!! I loved this book to DEATH but oh my god I don’t think I can take that kind of pain again.
4. What book or book series were you not expecting to love/hate?
I have to admit I was expecting to LOVE this book because (1) I love superheroes and Superman is one of my favourites (Smallville anyone??) and (2) I loved Catwoman and Wonder Woman. It turns out this book was a big disappointment :((
5. Is there any book that had inspired you to do something? Which one and what did it inspire you to do?
(This cover is gorgeous OH MY GOD even though it’s a little it says Wuji on it but whatever we’ll ignore that) Definitely Mo Dao Zu Shi!! It is the first book that actually made me want to write fan fiction!! I have nothing released yet but we’re more or less working on it 👀 This book also “inspired” me to start watching more shows and movies that aren’t of my own culture and country and I’m so happy about that because I have discovered so many new things thanks to it. You could say it pretty much changed my life!
6. What is one thing that you love about the book blogging community?
Well I haven’t been here that long but one thing is that we always support each other, and this tag is the proof!! Plus everyone I’ve met is suuuper friendly and open and just amazing and I really love that.
7. What are your Top 3 favourite fictional cities?
- Lotus Pier or Cloud Recesses
- Lotus Pier or Cloud Recesses – have you guys seen the concept art for these?? Because OH!!! MY!!! GOD!!! I’ve never seen anything so gorgeous (and don’t make me choose pls 😭)
8. A GIF or meme that describes your current read
I’m giving you a pikachu meme because I’m in between reads right now 😂
9. Name a book series or standalone book that you think is underrated
I was going to say mdzs but then I remembered that it’s just most of the people around me haven’t read it there’s a HUGE fandom about a million adaptations and the show won like every award ever and is trending all over the world LOL can’t say it’s underrated…
I loved this book SO MUCH and the sequel is just as good. So many people are sleeping on this beauty and it’s time to wake up!!!
10. Do you prefer it when a book has a happy ending?
Definitely!!! If it’s a series, then I don’t mind a cliffhanger or pain (as long as the end end is happy), but for stand alones & end of a series, I really don’t like it when it end badly. I don’t necessarily always want a HEA, but at least ending on a good note is a must for me.
11. What are 3 things that you love about blogging?
- The people
- Making friends
- getting to scream about books to people who also scream about books & not seem like a weirdo 😂
- What is your favourite quote of all time?
- Tell me about one character you would kill and one you would kill for!
- What is one skill a character has you wish you had?
- What is one thing (anything!) that makes you happy?
- What is one of your goals for the year (blogging or otherwise)?
- Do you like illustrated or picture covers better, and why?
- If you had to chose a dystopian/fantasy world to live in, which one would you choose?
- Name a character you think is underrated.
- Tell me about a movie you thought was better than the book.
- What’s a song you associate with a book?
- If you were allowed to have one fantastical animal, which one would it be?
Thank you again Valeria for nominating me!!!
- Meg @ A little shelf righteous
- Madeline @ Mad’s Books
- Bree and Tree @ Words About Books
- Esther @ Cozy with Books
- Nen & Jen @ Nen & Jen
- Riv @ Small Stained Pages
- Kerri @ Kerri McBookNerd
- Divine @ Rea(d)ivine
- Megan @ Behind Her Books
- Luna @ Proud Hufflepuff Books
- Ari @ Books, Libraries, Also Cats
Stay safe everyone!! Sending you lots of love!!! ❤️
If you enjoy my content, please consider buying me a kofi!!