Hey everyone!! Esther at Cozy with Books tagged me a while ago (sorry it took me so long!) in a “would you rather” book tag I am super excited to do today! Can’t wait to answer all those questions and hopefully have some nice inspiration to come up with some of my own!
Just like last time, disclaimer: I am super indecisive 😂
Answer the questions given to you by your nominator
Make up your own questions and tag others
1 Would you rather sit in a cafe and read or in your own little reading nook?
Hmmm I think I would enjoy both but I would still prefer reading in my own little reading nook. While I can read literally anywhere, if given the choice I’d rather read in a quiet place where I can’t get distracted!
2. Would you rather spoil the book by reading the climax of a book first or the last 2 chapters?
This one’s hard! I think in the end you would end up knowing what happens in the book either way but maybe there’s some plot twisty thingy in the climax that isn’t necessarily talked about in the last two chapters – so last two chapters it is!! I have to admit I really don’t understand people who read the end of the book beforehand, I could never! But if I was forced to I guess I would at least get to know if it’s a happy ending or a cliffhanger before getting into it.
3. Would you rather travel with and read a 700+ page hardcover book or on a slow to function phone app (not ebook or tablet)?
I am TAKING THAT 700+ PAGE HARDCOVER BOOK with me everywhere. Listen, I took KOA with me on a plane in my handbag once, and another time Chain Of Gold. When you gotta bring those books home you will fill up that bag and suitcase however you can – last time I travelled my small suitcase was SO HEAVY because I had like ten books in there and a flight attendant asked me if I was carrying bricks in there. Yes ma’am, yes I was. Very nice bricks.
4. Would you rather live in your last book for 2 years or stay a night in the hotel of The Shining for 2 nights?
Well my last book’s world may not be the best world to live in if you’re a human but I would take it to be honest it might even be nice and either way I could never live in the Shining for 2 nights I think 2 minutes would already kill me (I haven’t even watched the movie and I’m already scared. So)
5. Would you rather have a bookish box with only goodies but no book or a book box with only books and nothing else?
GIVE ME ALL THE GOODIES!!! I can always buy the book on my own but buying goodies can get really expensive with the shipping. Plus it’s usually easier to buy a book than to buy goodies. Also support those artists with the goodies yessss
6. Would you rather read only in first, second, or third POV for the next 2 years?
Definitely third (limited). I love first, and second just feels very fanfictiony to me (which is definitely not a bad thing!!) but I thiiiiiink my favourite is third POV. I think. Well I do like first. Honestly first or third I would be completely fine!
7. Would you rather live in a horror book taking place on a haunted lake or in the haunted woods?
HAHAHA. Neither. Horror books movies shows you name it I hate and will never watch any of them. I just cannot and will never if I intend to stay alive. Although I guess haunted woods because there are more places to hide? Ugh either way I would die my first ten minutes there so
8. Would you rather have your favorite book turned into a movie/show/game or have your favorite movie/show/game turned into a book?
I think favourite book turned into a movie/show? Most movies or tv shows are already books so I think book turned into a movie/show. I would be very scared they mess it up though, honestly I would rather they not touch the book at all.
9. Would you rather read a book with very small font size or read a book with normal text but in the dark?
Well, I break my eyes either way so 😂 But in all seriousness I think very small font size because I’m just not here for trying to read in the dark I feel like we’ve all been there done that and it wasn’t a fun time.
10. Would you rather bring your last book to the real world or get dragged into the book’s world/setting?
I don’t think the world would survive a bunch of demons (I mean we clearly are not, and the book world wasn’t doing so great either). I would go there myself!! I might not survive very long but it would be fun while it lasts.
Thanks again Esther for tagging me!! I had so much fun answering these!!
- Would you rather write yourself as the protagonist of a novel or write someone you know as the protagonist and risk offending them/weirding them out?
- Would you rather have the worst movie adaptation redone correctly (yes I’m looking at you Percy Jackson) or have the worst book you’ve ever read (that did have some potential) rewritten?
- Would you rather never be able to remember where you stopped reading (no bookmark or anything allowed) or get a paper cut every time you read?
- Would you rather have a friend who “borrows” all of your books and never returns them or have one that always hates every book you recommend and disses it and your favourite characters at every opportunity?
- Would you rather live in one of the factions from Divergent or one of the districts in The Hunger Games?
- Would you rather read books with terrible world building or terrible characters?
- Would you rather never be able to use the internet again or never be able to read again?
- Would you rather be famous as an author or be famous as an actor/singer?
- Would you rather live your favourite character’s worst nightmare for a week or be forced to be with your least favourite character every second of the day for two months?
- Would you rather be forced to wait five years before you can read the last book of a series you love or get it immediately but get spoiled about every single detail beforehand?
Kelly at Another Book in the Wall
Tiffany at String of Pages
Sarah at The Baker’s Books
Gargee at The Various Hues of Blue
Angela at Hiding Behind Books
Cielo at Bellerose Reads
Lucy at That Book Gal
Giuls at Bookish Giuls
Rose as White Rose Stories
Jess at Crowing About Books
Karina at Afire Pages
Emmy at Loving Cassian
And anyone else who’d like to join!!