Hellooooo everyone!! I am so, so happy Ashlee from Books Are 42 tagged me for a “Would you rather” book tag! Thank you for tagging me I’m super excited! But also I’m the most indecisive person on earth so this will be a fun 😂 I’m also super excited to be making up my own questions at the end of this hehe
Answer the questions given to you by your nominator
Make up your own questions and tag others
1. Would you rather spill coffee/tea on your current read or be forced to read it with greasy fingers?
Oh my god both of these 😭 I guess be forced to read with greasy fingers (rip my books) because I feel the damage would be less big.
2. Would you rather only be able to read new releases or only read backlist books?
Backlist! All new releases become backlist books eventually and I would never be able to keep up with all the new releases I want to read. That would be so hard!!!
3. Would you rather crack the spine of a paperback or dog-ear the pages?
YOU ARE THE DEVIL. NEITHER. I WANT TO DO NEITHER.
Dog-ear I guess. But I’d be sad and try to fix it by piling up my books so the folding line goes away. *cries*
4. Would you rather only be allowed to read the first and last book in a trilogy or have to wait three years for the final book to come out?
These questions are so harddddd (aka great). RIP me though. I would end up hating myself for this choice but wait three years for the final book. I feel like skipping the middle book would get really confusing. And this is assuming I can’t read summaries of the book or anything because if I can read summaries then definitely skip the middle book. If not, I’ll suffer and wait for the last book.
5. Would you rather only read series or only read standalones?
Ahhhh this is terrible because I totally go through phases. Right now, I would say standalones because I want to read contemporary/romance all the time. But watch me regret that choice so bad in like three months.
6. Would you rather your favourite book be turned into a movie or a tv show?
A TV SHOW. For once I won’t complain because I’m sure 😂 Both can get terrible messed up (crossing my fingers for Six of Crows!!!!) but at least a tv show is longer and can include more details than a movie!
7. Would you rather the adaption of your favourite book be badly cast or leave out your favourite scenes?
Crying. Back to complaining. T-T
I think leave out my favourite scene. I would legit be so sad but if it’s badly cast it would ruin the whole adaptation! At least with this option I can enjoy the adaptation even if my favourite scene isn’t included.
8. Would you rather have dinner with your favourite author or your favourite character?
FAVOURITE CHARACTER. BECAUSE THAT MEANS THEY’RE REAL. No but seriously could you imagine having dinner with rhys? Or aelin??? Oh my god with Wei Wuxian (okay maybe not cause I don’t think my tongue would handle it). Ok I’ll take dinner with Sizhui. Or Damen 😭😭😭 now I’m imagining all the possibilities and the next problem would be CHOOSING WHICH CHARACTER TO HAVE DINNER WITH. helpppp
9. Would you rather kill your favourite character or spend the rest of your life with your least favourite villain?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH can I refuse to answer? Get out of jail free card?? *pulls out a get out of jail free card* *runs away*
10. Would you rather only read your favourite genre for two years straight or be allowed to read anything but your favourite genre for two years straight?
I think only read my favourite genre for two years straight. I would definitely get sick of it but I would be so sad not reading my favourite genre for two years. But the next question is (again) what is my favourite genre?? I’d really like to know (I’d also like to know why I’m so indecisive 😂).
Thanks again Ashlee for these awesome but deadly (for me) questions!!!
- Would you rather have your favourite character’s powers or your favourite villain’s powers?
- Would you rather have your favourite character perform life-or-death surgery on you or you perform surgery on them?
- Would you rather write in your books with an indelible pen or be reading and realise there are 20 pages missing?
- Would you rather be the villain or be the hero but be unable to save anyone?
- Would you rather date your favourite character or be best friends with them?
- Would you rather be banned from libraries forever or be banned from bookshops together?
- Would you rather be forced to read physical books that are always damaged or forced to read on a kindle that turns off for thirty minutes every two hours?
- Would you rather trade wardrobes with your least favourite character or trade wardrobes with one of your parents?
- Would you rather live in your favourite dystopian world or your favourite fantasy world?
- Would you rather always know beforehand how a book ends or never be able to read the end of a book?
Nelo at Booked Unicorn
Allie at Allie Reads
Liz at Lizofwords
AlyMarie Fox at The Artist’s Corner
Talie at Talie’s Adventures
Cailin at Rose Petal Pages
Sofia at Bookish Wanderess
Alana at Dream Come Review
Chloe (樂融) at Marshmallow Pudding
Lauren and Orianna at Love Yo Shelf
Jackie at Bookish Coffee Blog
And of course anyone else who’d like to join!!